Sul Lee Law Firm PLLC provides comprehensive franchise legal services to clients in Dallas and throughout Texas. We represent clients on both sides of the franchise model, working to protect the interests of franchisors and franchisees. Given the complexities of franchise law, consulting an experienced franchise law attorney is essential.
Backed by a comprehensive knowledge of state and federal laws governing franchises, including the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Franchise Rule, we leverage our skills and experience to help clients make informed business decisions and minimize risk. Our attorneys regularly advise franchisors and franchisees across multiple industries, including:
- Fast Food and Quick-Service Restaurants: Fast food chains such as McDonald’s, Subway, and KFC have popularized the franchising model in the food industry.
- Retail: Retail franchises include convenience stores, clothing stores, phone retail stores, and more. Examples include 7-Eleven, MetroPCS, and T-Mobile.
- Hospitality Services: Hotels, motels, and resorts often offer franchise opportunities. Well-known hotel chains like Marriott, Hilton, and Holiday Inn have franchise options.
- Health and Fitness Services: Fitness centers, gyms, and wellness studios can be franchised. Examples include Anytime Fitness, Curves, and Orangetheory Fitness.
- Education and Tutoring Services: Franchises in the education sector include tutoring centers, language schools, and test preparation services. Kumon and Mathnasium are well-known examples.
- Senior Care Services: With the aging population, senior care franchises have become increasingly popular. These can include in-home care services, assisted living facilities, and senior daycare centers.
- Cleaning and Maintenance Services: Franchises offering cleaning services, janitorial services, lawn care, and home maintenance are common. Merry Maids and Jani-King are examples in this sector.
- Automotive: Automotive service and repair franchises, car wash franchises, and auto detailing franchises are part of this industry. Meineke Car Care Center and Jiffy Lube are prominent examples.
- Pet Care: Franchises in pet grooming, pet boarding, and pet supplies have gained popularity. PetSmart and Dogtopia are well-known names in this sector.
Dallas Franchise Law Attorney: A Vital Partner for Franchisors
We advise franchisors on all the legal aspects of franchising and guide them through each stage of business development, including:
- Evaluating if a franchise model suits business expansion
- Developing a comprehensive franchise program, including master franchising and developer contracts, broker partnerships, and other structures
- Negotiating and drafting Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs), franchise contracts, and associated franchise paperwork
- Initiating and completing franchise registrations
- Providing guidance on franchise law compliance
- Sourcing potential franchisees
- Negotiating franchise sales
- Addressing antitrust issues such as resale price maintenance and exclusivity
- Ensuring adherence to state and federal laws
- Managing supply chain issues
- Registering and licensing intellectual property (e.g. trademarks, service marks, and trade secrets)
- Navigating cross-border franchising and applicable import/export laws
- Handling commercial real estate transactions – purchases, leases, and subleases
- Managing franchisor-franchisee relationships and resolving franchise disputes
- Dealing with employment law issues, including employee benefits and employment-related disputes
- Mitigating legal and business risks
- Providing continual business advice
You can trust our firm to help you explore opportunities for growth and development, both domestically and internationally. In the event of franchisor-franchisee disputes, we work to find solutions through alternative dispute resolution methods (e.g. mediation, arbitration), but we are well-equipped to litigate if necessary.
Advising Franchisees: A Primer on Legal Services for Franchisees
Starting a new business from the ground up is an attractive idea for many entrepreneurs, but some prefer duplicating a business model with a track record of success. At Sul Lee Law Firm, we advise prospective franchisees on investing in franchise systems. Our comprehensive legal services include:
- Buying and selling franchises/territories
- Selling franchises/s and territories
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing franchise agreements, development agreements, leases, and other contracts
- Reviewing Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs)
- Franchise Dispute and Franchisor-franchisee dispute
Our franchise law attorneys also advise franchisees, dealers, and distributors on due diligence, termination, and other related issues.
Understanding Distribution Law: Essential Insights for Franchise Businesses
State and federal distribution laws have a broad scope and may cover distribution relationships not typically associated with franchise activities. At Sul Lee Law Firm, we advise manufacturers, distributors, and service providers on adhering to these regulations, while avoiding franchise disclosure and regulatory requirements. We offer guidance in the following areas:
- Dealer relationship statutes
- Laws related to sales representatives
- Industry-specific laws that govern distribution relationships
Recognizing the possible risk of statutory claims following the end of relationships with dealers, distributors, and other involved parties, we collaborate with clients to design thorough contracts and strategies to avoid such liability. We provide advice on dispute resolution related to contract claims, encroachment concerns, confidentiality breaches, and non-compete agreements.
Protect Your Franchise with the Help of an Experienced Franchise Dispute Resolution Attorney
Our firm helps franchisors and franchisees resolve all types of disputes involving:
- Franchise Territorial rights and royalty fees
- Franchise Advertising obligations
- Franchise Trademarks
- Franchise Service marks
- Franchise Non-compete and nondisclosure agreements
- Franchise Breach of franchise agreements
- Franchise Contract Terminations and renewals
With our in-depth knowledge of franchise laws and regulations, we can help interpret the franchise agreement, assess potential breaches, and identify available legal remedies. We will act as your advocates, representing your interests in negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or litigation.
Above all, our franchise law attorneys will help you navigate the intricate legal landscape surrounding franchising and find equitable solutions to disputes.
Talks To An Experienced Dallas Franchise Law Attorney Today!
At Sul Lee Law Firm, we are committed to helping franchise clients achieve their objectives. You can depend on our franchise lawyers to protect your rights and interests regardless of which side you are on. Contact our office today to book a consultation.
The Sul Lee Law Firm, PLLC assists clients throughout Dallas and the rest of Texas with all franchsing and franchise-law needs. We have helped clients in Plano, Richardson, Fort Worth, Irving, Frisco, Carrollton, Taylor, Garland County, and Collin County make informed decisions while minimizing risk, understanding distribution laws, and protecting their franchise rights.